To apply for undergraduate admission all students must submit the following:
- Completed application for admission. Please apply online.
- $50 non-refundable application fee. If you are applying online, you will be given the option to submit your application fee electronically. If you are submitting a paper application, include a check or money order made payable to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Please print your name and social security number on the check and submit it with your application. If payment of the $50 application fee poses a financial hardship, you can ask your guidance counselor to issue a request for a fee waiver. The waiver should be forwarded with your application for admission.
- Letters of Recommendation. Letters from your teachers, employers or a community leader can address areas of your background which are not always evident in your academic record. We suggest you submit two letters of recommendation. Letters of Recommendation forms are available for your convenience in PDF format. The forms are not required. Letters of recommendation submitted by your references are acceptable.
Please review additional requirements for:
Students who plan to take flight courses should visit the Flight Department’s Preflight checklist page to prepare for these courses before arrival.
Where to send documentation?
- All documents such as personal statements, essays, resumes, or Letters of Recommendation may be emailed to Prescott@erau.edu or mailed to:
Director of Admissions
3700 Willow Creek Road
Prescott, AZ 86301
Essay topics may include:
- Tell us about something you have accomplished over the past year or two that is a source of pride to you. Your topic may include your academic efforts or any activity you feel is important to you. What did you accomplish? Why did you choose to do this activity/effort? How has this accomplishment/activity affected you with regard to your future goals?
- What do you want to accomplish during your years at college?
- Do you have any ideas yet about what you want to accomplish after college? Don't feel you need to have formal plans, but we would enjoy learning about your possible career goals.
To apply you'll need to submit appropriate documentation in order to complete your package. Documents required are based on the type of degree you are applying for. See our Undergraduate, Graduate, or International student admissions pages for details.
Please submit only one application to Embry-Riddle. If you are not sure which campus is right for you, your application and documents can be moved to the campus you ultimately choose.
Start Your Undergraduate Application Now!
Undergraduate application fee is $50
Although you may apply for admission at any time, we urge you to do so early. U.S. citizens and permanent residents should apply at least 60 days prior to the beginning of classes for the semester of application.
International applicants should apply at least 90 days prior to the beginning of classes for the semester of application.
Start your Graduate Application Now!
Graduate Program Application Deadlines
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester||Application Fee|
|U.S.||July 1||Nov. 1||$50|
|International||June 1||Oct. 1||$50|
Doctoral Program Admission
Please use the following link to apply for the Ph.D programs offered by Embry Riddle. If applying to the Ph.D. in Aviation, please indicate the "Online & Worldwide Campus."
Start Your Ph.D. Application Now!
The ERLI application is intended for non-English speaking students who are looking to enroll in the intensive English program to become proficient in listening, speaking, reading, and writing the English language. The application Fee is $50. Please visit the Language Institute (ERLI) page for more information about this program.