HR generalist cover letter
View this sample cover letter for an HR generalist, or download the HR generalist cover letter template in Word.
As an HR generalist, you know what it takes for a candidate to get the job—and having a solid cover letter is a big advantage. To be considered for top HR generalist jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for working with people. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for an HR generalist, or download the HR generalist cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can look for HR generalist jobs on Monster.
HR generalist cover letter template
Sometown, IA 55555 | Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Generalist
Develop and support HR solutions that impact all levels of the organization
November 8, 2017
Ms. Janet Dixon
55 West Ave.
Sometown, IA 55555
Re: HR Generalist t Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Dixon:
As you know, a day in the life of an HR generalist is multifaceted. We can go from managing full-cycle recruitment of talented team members to investigating FMLA or EEO compliance matters within the span of an hour. While confident in my skills across multiple HR practice areas, the driving force is my desire to elevate the performance and job satisfaction of our most valuable asset—the employees.
I’ve spent the past six years working in the HR Department of DEF Company’s corporate headquarters in support of the 1,500-member global engineering group. After initial success as an HR assistant, I was promoted to my current HR generalist role.
My passion for people—combined with an understanding of HR best practices—has contributed to numerous HR initiatives delivering exceptional results. For example, my team and I:
- Increased the employee satisfaction index 16% by spearheading a “Flexible Work Solutions” employment program (a first within the company). This innovative program promotes non-traditional work schedules, work-at-home options and job-sharing partnerships.
- Created an ongoing training program on HR policies and SOPs that strengthened compliance, boosted morale and improved recordkeeping.
- Conceptualized, launched and staffed DEF Sales, a new department that provided needed sales and marketing support to field workers.
Backed by a BBA in human resources, I’m committed to helping companies create winning work cultures and top-performing teams. I take pride in providing value-adding advisory and support services to my employers, and strive to serve as a catalyst for continuous improvement.
Please contact me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to set up a meeting. Thank you.
Human Resources Manager Cover Letter
Human Resources Managers are responsible for human resources processes and practices in an organization. The purpose of their work is to support the overall business strategy and help implement company objectives. Most resume samples for Human Resources Managers highlight the following responsibilities: implementing HR initiatives, developing HR procedures, coordinating recruitment, fostering a positive working environment, administering the benefits program, and ensuring compliance to industry regulations.
Those interested in a Human Resources Manager career should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Human resources management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Presentation abilities
- Active listening
- Labor law knowledge
- Organizational skills
- Diversity support
- Business acumen
- Computer competences
The cover letter example displayed below showcases similar Human Resources Manager abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Human Resources Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Brown:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Human Resources Manager position you have available. As an accomplished professional with 12+ years of experience spearheading comprehensive HR functions, I possess a wide range of knowledge and talents that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My background lies in successfully directing organizational planning and performance through strategic processes and staff development. Throughout my career, I have managed recruitment procedures, employee training initiatives, staff coaching, union and non-union labor relations, and employee morale-boosting practices. Additionally, my established success in effectively interacting with staff and management teams positions me to make a significant contribution to your organization.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Interviewing, hiring, and training top-performing teams while ensuring comprehensive adherence to organizational regulations and guidelines.
- Developing and implementing company-wide policies and procedures to establish standardization and drive staff compliance.
- Directing talent acquisition, performance evaluations, and special project / event management to generate streamlined, efficient operations and achieve corporate objectives.
- Establishing solid and trusting partnerships through exceptional relationship-building skills; utilizing positive energy and interpersonal abilities to secure employee and management trust.
My proven dedication to optimizing organizational success through my keen knowledge of human resources operations and strategies will contribute immensely to the success of ENT Enterprises. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Lai P. Forrester